Black and white feature heavily in Scandinavian styling, as does grey and occasional cameos by shades of blue and the green of a pot plant..
To create your own Scandinavian space, here's a few other tips to keep in mind:
- Don't bother going carpet shopping. True Scandinavian homes are all about light wooden floors, even in the bedrooms.
- Let there be light! If dark and moody is your thing, you'll have trouble living in a Nordic space as they always have an abundance of light.
- You better like wood. Show it off! I've even read about people using a grey oil to take the 'yellow' out of some woods – staying utterly loyal to the black/white/grey colour scheme.
- Scale back on those accessories – you'll need to show some constraint in this department.
- Oh, wouldn't hurt if you liked crosses too.
Now, where's the closest IKEA?