Moroccan decorating can be interpreted in many different ways. Morocco is a land of texture, pattern and colour… so much colour. I however, prefer the look that keeps the colour palette neutral and instead focuses on Moroccan inspired accents – metal hammered trays, lanterns, leather poufs, stunning ceramics, gorgeous tea sets and woven baskets. I love the riad quatrefoil print, but prefer to limit it to small areas, such as a rug or a cushion.
Moroccan decor is a unique blend of many styles that surround the country. Mediterranean, Spanish, Afrian, Islamic, Persian and Portugese styles all influence this inspiring decor.
What I love most about Interior Design is the creative freedom to take what you like about something and make it your own.
Here's my pick of Moroccan inspired accessories to help you recreate your own Moroccan Mood.
1. Riad Ivory Windsor Smith Designer Pillow Cover, from Etsy
2. Basket, through Temple & Webster
3. Hammered Metal Trays, from Zohi Interiors
4. Zane Stool, from Interiors Online
5. Moroccon Tea Glasses, available from various online retailers
6. Bella Bordeaux Side Table, from Abode Australia
7. Bone Inlay Mirror, from Zohi Interiors
8. Leater Poufs, in gold and silver, from Zohi Interiors
All images in this post, unless otherwise indicated, were found on Pinterest. If you would like more information on their source or would like to see more, why not check out my Moroccon PInterest Board – you can find it here.